Accessibility Statement for Broadmayne Parish Council’s community website
Broadmayne Parish Council is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Broadmayne Parish Council takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of its community website broadmayne.org:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Broadmayne Parish Council is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the community website broadmayne.org. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on broadmayne.org:
- Phone: 01305 854483
- E-mail: http://broadmayne.org/contact/
- Visitor address: Broadmayne Parish Council
- Postal address: Conygar Lodge, Conygar, Broadmayne, Dorchester, Dorset DT2 8LX
We try to respond to feedback within 7 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The community website broadmayne.org is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Mobile Phones
- PC and Mac Computers
- All Tablet devices
- All known Browsers
- Screen Readers
Accessibility of the community website broadmayne.org relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the community website broadmayne.org, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the community website broadmayne.org:
- Uploaded images may not have text alternatives as we cannot ensure the quality of contributions.
- Text from outside sources may not comply as we cannot ensure the quality of contributions.
- Some older PDFs may not comply.
- Hard copies of most documents relating to Broadmayne Parish Council itself can be made available through the contacts outlined above under Feedback
Broadmayne Parish Council assessed the accessibility of the community website broadmayne.org by the following approaches:
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Broadmayne Parish Council
Dr Janet B Davis Clerk
Clerk to the Council