You can sign up for Dorset Council’s weekly email Residents’ Newsletter
which is always full of varied information about the area.
About The Dorset Council Local Plan
Planning affects us all. The council’s planning policies are set out in Local Plans which are the legal starting point in determining planning applications.
Public and stakeholder engagement is an important part of the plan making process. Involving residents, businesses, organisations, experts, infrastructure providers and town and parish councils allows local knowledge and expertise to be gathered from a wide range of perspectives.
This consultation sets out recommended strategies and policies meeting the requirements of Regulation 18 of the Town and Country Planning Act (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
This consultation phase runs to the 15th March but is a vital first step, in that your comments received now stand a chance of having the greatest impact by getting them in during Stage 1.
There are a lot of words in the draft plan but to help you along Dorset Council are running webinars.
this is about planning for the future
of where you live
have your say!
This advice from Dorset Council
Children’s Mental Health Week
Dorset Police’s Cyber Crime Protect and Prevention Officer has issued detailed advice about avoiding these nasty scams which are taking advantage of the roll out of vaccinations.
You can read his full advice by clicking on this link https://www.neighbourhoodalert.co.uk/da/362595
In essence, he is advising that:
- you will only be offered a jab in line with the Governments grouping (at the moment only if you are in groups 1-4)
- the NHS may contact you by letter, SMS message or email
- you should carefully check any email (he tells you how)
- there is never a charge for the vaccination
- you won’t be asked for personal details, such as banking or proof of identity documents
- in some cases you may be phoned by NHS Immunisation Management Service to remind you to book an appointment – this will be from 0300 561 0240
If you think you are the target of a scam he tells you who to report it to.