Dorset Police’s Cyber Crime Protect and Prevention Officer has issued detailed advice about avoiding these nasty scams which are taking advantage of the roll out of vaccinations.
You can read his full advice by clicking on this link https://www.neighbourhoodalert.co.uk/da/362595
In essence, he is advising that:
- you will only be offered a jab in line with the Governments grouping (at the moment only if you are in groups 1-4)
- the NHS may contact you by letter, SMS message or email
- you should carefully check any email (he tells you how)
- there is never a charge for the vaccination
- you won’t be asked for personal details, such as banking or proof of identity documents
- in some cases you may be phoned by NHS Immunisation Management Service to remind you to book an appointment – this will be from 0300 561 0240
If you think you are the target of a scam he tells you who to report it to.