Contents


Calendar

< January, 2018 >
S M T W T F S
31 01 02 03 04 05 06
07 08 09 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 01 02 03


Search Web Pages





Google Services

googlesvcs from Data Management & Warehousing, the Data Warehousing knowledgebase and consultancy

WWW   Site


Who's Online

There are currently
3 guest(s) and
0 member(s) online.
You are an
Anonymous user.
You can register for
free by clicking here

No Members are currently logged in.

Parish Council Draft Minutes

Draft Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 4th December 2017

BROADMAYNE PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 4th DECEMBER 2017
IN THE METHODIST CHURCH HALL, BROADMAYNE

Present Cllrs S Diamond, D Eaglestone, C Griffith, P Lamb and S Toogood.
In attendance Dr J Davis (Clerk), County Cllr Ireland, District Cllrs N Bundy and A Thacker and eight members of the public.
Apologies for absence
17/160 There were no apologies for absence.
Declarations of Interest
17/161 There were none.
Minutes of meeting held on 6 November 2017
17/162 The minutes of the meeting held on 6 November 2017 were approved as a correct record and signed.
Planning and Tree Matters
17/163 Consultations 14 Knighton Lane: erect single storey dwelling with attic rooms. An amended plan had been submitted. The Parish Council considered this, along with the views of the applicants and of neighbours and, after discussion, concluded that the proposed changes to the plan were insufficient to alter their original decision to object to the proposal.
Public participation session
17/164 District Cllr Thacker, reported on behalf of a local resident, that a coach was sometimes being parked in Chalky Road, opposite the telephone box, limiting parking for other residents and visibility for drivers. It was agreed to monitor the situation and to contact the coach company if the problem persisted.
Reports
17/165 County Cllr Ireland reported that the county councilís overspend had been reduced to £4 million. In respect of the resurfacing of the A352, he understood that the intention had been to re-surface the entire road between the village and the Warmwell roundabout but that a budget review had resulted in the decision to patch the worse stretches only; the remaining lengths might be dressed next year. Cllr Ireland, along with representatives of Broadmayne and Winterborne Farringdon Parish Councils was due to meet Oliver Letwin MP to discuss the speed limits on the A352. Finally he reported on the decision of the bus company, First, to withdraw the no. 5 bus service in January 2018 on the ground that it was not commercially viable. He had made efforts to investigate this decision, to look at alternatives and to urge the county council to restore a subsidised service. He, along with District Cllrs Bundy and Thacker, urged the Parish Council and members of the public to lobby the county council to seek a means of restoring a service to link Broadmayne, Crossways and West Knighton with Dorchester. Rural Transport Officer, Mike Gant, agreed and urged immediate action by all those affected. The Parish Council agreed to write, as a matter of urgency, to Rebecca Knox, Leader of DCC and to Oliver Letwin. District Cllr Bundy reported that following the Secretary of Stateís statement that he was minded to support the plans for the re-organisation of local government in Dorset, a further period of consultation had been provided, during which Christchurch Borough Council was holding a postal referendum of its residents. In the mean time, the joint committees were continuing to work since if the decision was confirmed the target date for the reorganisation remained April 2019. He also reported that planning applications for new housing at Crossways were proceeding, with some of the infrastructure such as road improvements being paid for by the developer. District Cllr Thacker reported that the district council had succeeded in balancing its budget. He had attended a meeting of the DAPTC Executive Committee at which the Chief Constable of Dorset Police had spoken about her concerns that levels of rural crime were rising and the need to deal with new matters such as cyber crime. Cllr Toogood said that the Playing Fields Association had held its AGM and elected a new committee. A survey of trees at the playing field had revealed a need for some urgent remedial works. The Chairman had attended the DAPTC AGM at which Rebecca Knox, leader of DCC, and a representative of the Clinical Commissioning Group had spoken.
Financial Matters
17/166 (a) Financial Statement The Clerk presented the December financial statement, and drew the Councilís attention to the receipts and payments since the last meeting. It was proposed by Cllr Griffith, seconded by Cllr Eaglestone, and RESOLVED to approve payments as follows:
Payments already made
Information Commissioner (registration fee) £35.00
Payments to be made
J.Davis: Clerk's Salary (Oct/Nov/Dec) £1,116.82
HMRC (income tax on above) £279.20
Via Traffic Controlling £2,879.80
(b) Review of Financial Regulations After discussion, it was agreed to omit the paragraph referring to Committees but to include reference to three year forward planning when preparing the budget. The Clerk would circulate the final version.
(c) External auditor The Clerk reported that PKF Littlejohn LLP had been appointed as external auditor for the next five years.
(d) Additional expenditure on football pitch maintenance Wessex Grounds Services had suggested a spike/harrow/brush and roll treatment of the pitch to help keep it in good condition and to drain off excess water. The cost would be £70 plus VAT. It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Griffith and RESOLVED to undertake this work.
(e) Grant application from Broadmayne Playing Fields Association (BPFA) BPFA had made a grant application for the sum of £205 for remedial tree works around the playing field. It was proposed by Cllr Eaglestone, seconded by Cllr Griffith and RESOLVED to award this grant (payment to be made by virtue of section 19 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
Proposed amendment to the Complaints Procedure to cover vexatious or abusive behaviour
17/167 Cllr Eaglestoneís proposed re-drafting of the amended procedures was considered and a further amendment was suggested. Cllr Eaglestone agreed to put forward alternative wording to be considered at the January meeting.
Parish Plan (road safety aspects)
17/168 Cllr Eaglestone reported that the SID had been installed at the eastern end of the village. It was necessary for a Service Level Agreement with the county council to be signed to cover the installation of this equipment in the highway, and for a second person to be named to assist in moving the SID between its two allocated sites. Cllr Griffith agreed to be the second operative, alongside Cllr Eaglestone. The Chairman would sign the agreement on behalf of the Parish Council. Cllr Eaglestone reported that he was in contact with DCC officers about the painting of the white lines within the village.
Emergency Plan
15/169 Cllr Lamb had circulated a draft of the new emergency plan. The structure of the plan was discussed. Cllr Lamb would circulate a revised contents page and he invited detailed comments to be sent via e-mail.
Matters of Report
17/170 (a) The Clerk reported that, after investigating possible means by which vehicular access to the ridgeway might be limited, she had written to the CEO of DCC about the on-going problems with traveller caravans at that location. Receipt of the letter had been acknowledged. She further reported that a meeting with DCC officers to discuss Bramble Drove was being arranged.
(b) The Chairman reported on his investigations into the new website, and the details and costs of a range of providers. After discussion of needs, design preferences and comparative prices it was agreed to authorise the Chairman to proceed to make the necessary arrangements with one of the providers. He also reported that a further complaint had been received about lorries parking in Chalky Road; photographs had been provided and the matter had again been referred to the manager at JDP who was seeking to alleviate the problem.
(c) Councillors: Cllr Eaglestone reported that Local History Broadmayne was making progress with the D-Day Trail. Six key sites had been identified and negotiations were in hand with relevant landowners.
Matters received after the publication of the agenda
17/171 Notification from DCC of the formal consultation on the draft Mineral Sites Plan and draft Waste Plan. The Clerk would examine these documents and make recommendations on possible comments at the January meeting.
Date of next meeting
17/172 The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Monday 8 January 2018 at the Methodist Church Hall at 7.30 pm.


Created on 07/15/2011 03:34 PM by sdiamond
Updated on 12/08/2017 02:47 PM by sdiamond
 Printable Version

What's Related


Links to Other Sites


Directories


Copyright © Appalachian State University 2002 - 2003
This Site is powered by phpWebSite © The Web Technology Group, Appalachian State University
phpWebSite is licensed under the GNU LGPL