REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY – 8TH NOVEMBER
Planning the commemoration of remembrance in the present circumstances has presented some challenges. The Parish Council believe that many villagers will still want to remember the fallen and to observe the silence, but is also very mindful of the need to keep all those who want to attend safe from possible infection by the COVID-19 virus. As a result
UNLESS GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE CHANGES BEFORE THE 8TH NOVEMBER
THE COMMEMERATION WILL TAKE PLACE
ON THE BROADMAYNE PLAYING FIELD, COWLEAZE ROAD, FROM 10:50
The ceremony will proceed much as before but with the wreath layers moving to the memorial after the end of the formalities.
Everyone is invited to attend but we must ask that you observe a few basic principles.
• Only attend singly or as a household or in an established bubble
• Maintain a 2metre distance between your household or bubble and another
• Do not socialise with people from another household or bubble
• Please arrive in plenty of time – assembling from 10:30
• Do not crowd together as you arrive or depart. Maintain Social Distancing
• Please disperse quickly and do not follow the wreath layers to the memorial
There should be plenty of room on the playing field to accommodate safely all those wishing to attend and there will be a PA system so that everyone should be able to hear the proceedings.
If you would like to attend, we look forward to seeing you on the 8th November.
Please confirm the arrangements nearer the time.
Steve Diamond (Chairman Broadmayne Parish Council)